Realstar Hospitality is one of Canada’s leading privately owned real estate investment and management companies, including brands such as Days Inn and Motel 6.
Upgrading to Dynamics GP in the Azure Cloud
With the rapid expansion and growth of the Realstar Hospitality portfolio across Canada, Realstar needed to bring its financial operations software to the latest version. Helping expedite this decision was the fact that their current version of Dynamics GP – 2013, was no longer supported by Microsoft, and therefore not receiving critical updates and features. Furthermore, Realstar had identified a number of improvements they would like to see incorporated. These were all accomplished by the upgrade to Dynamics GP 2018.
- Replace manual controls and processes with automatic rules and system approvals for cheque printing and duplicate entry prevention
- Integrating invoicing
- Print and email customer statements
- Implement automatic interest calculations on outstanding invoices
- Shorten month end and days sales outstanding cycle
- Significantly reduce time spent on data entry through automation
- Automated reporting of statistics and KPIs
- Track budgets directly in GP
By upgrading to Dynamics GP 2018, Realstar was able to meet and exceed their project goals. In addition, the change to Dynamics GP in the Microsoft Azure Cloud meant that they could take advantage of the benefits of cloud hosting and eliminate hardware costs, reduce IT expenditures, reduce utility costs, increase security and data protection, and have data backups.