Unlike a warehouse management system (WMS) that’s primarily used to manage the storage and movement of inventory, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) facilitates the flow of information among all functional areas. It’s a cost-effective solution that automates operations across all your organization’s activities, including inventory management, accounting, sales, financial management, marketing, and other organizational processes.
Used together, an ERP and WMS improve operational efficiency and eliminate time-consuming manual tracking.
Integrating WMS and ERP For Inventory Management
Are you continually challenged by changing supply chain requirements and compliance regulations? Do you worry about the accuracy of your inventory? The Insight Works suite of apps, including Warehouse Insight, helps you battle inefficient operations while bringing mobile device integration to a warehouse setting.
Best of all, Warehouse Insight is built directly into Dynamics 365 Business Central, so it couldn’t be easier to streamline your warehouse operations, business intelligence, automation, and inventory management.
When to Automate Your Warehouse
If you’re wondering if it’s time to automate warehouse functions at your company, ask yourself these questions:
- Are customer orders frequently delayed?
- Is your order fulfillment capability declining?
- Are inventory counts consistently inaccurate?
- Is data analysis indicating customer dissatisfaction and problems in the supply chain?
- Are you still using legacy warehouse management software or, worse, spreadsheets?
Inefficient warehouse management negatively impacts the customer experience. An automated system lets you do more with less, so your company thrives under increased customer demand.
A Winning Combination
Warehouse Insight is a Business Central add-on that delivers real-time warehouse, inventory, and production data on the shop floor. Advanced features include:
- Employees perform all inventory and warehouse operations from hand-held devices.
- Capturing lot and serial numbers of any transaction.
- Using the same device for any location, including directed pick and non-mandatory bins.
- Scanning directly to sales and production documents.
- Customizing views and menus on a hand-held computer.
Upgrading your legacy ERP system to Business Central with Warehouse Insight helps your business make better decisions by providing accurate inventory data.
If your warehouse inventory management is out of control, an ERP like Dynamics 365 helps you get it under control, ensuring you have the correct items or parts on hand to complete jobs in a timely way and get orders out the door on time.
- Improved inventory tracking, so employees have instant access to a centralized, real-time inventory database. When levels are low, an automated system can either immediately reorder materials for you or send purchasing managers timely reminders to replenish diminishing stock.
- Automation features mean you can say goodbye to painstakingly updating spreadsheets. When you spend less time on time-consuming manual tasks, you’re free to focus more time on growing your business.
- Streamlined business processes increase your organization’s overall efficiency. Instead of spending valuable time looking for one particular piece of stock, staff can concentrate on tasks that support business goals.
Every business knows efficiency equals a healthier bottom line. Your warehouse plays an essential role in ensuring your business meets its productivity goals. Dynamics 365 Business Central with Warehouse Insight improves efficiency by adding consistency and quality control to your warehouse inventory management process. It can also improve sales volume and increase profits by not only selling more but by selling more accurately and quickly. There’s no easier or faster way to simplify logistical operations and scale your growing business.